Please note that if you only clear cache it will not clear stored passwords in the Safari browser if passwords are part of your saved Keychain.
When you clear cache on Firefox and Chrome, it will not clear your cookies or saved passwords. It only clears the recently stored website data. Clearing cache will force the system to download the latest website code.
How to clear cache in Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
How to clear cache in Firefox:
- From the
If the menu bar is hidden, press
Altto make it visible.
menu, select .
- From the drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select .
- Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.
- Click .
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
How to clear cache in Safari 8 and later:
- From the menu, select or .
- Select the desired time range, and then click .
- Go to
Command-Qto exit the browser completely.